On 'Meet the Press,' Noseworthy says healthcare system in US needs restructuring
While saying health care reform is a good start, Mayo Clinic CEO Dr. John Noseworthy cited a need to address the "sustainability of Medicare" as well as other issues while speaking on "Meet The Press with David Gregory" this morning. Dr. Noseworthy appeared on the live news show alongside Dr. Toby Cosgrove, CEO of the Cleveland Clinic, to discuss "How does Obamacare impact your health coverage?" The Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare, is a good beginning, he said, but it's important to be working on improvement in many segments of the health care industry. "The long-term sustainability of Medicare is something no one has taken on yet," said Noseworthy.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers