$400,000 paycheck for new WY hospital CEO
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center's new chief executive officer earns $400,000 a year. Margo Karsten officially started Feb. 1 and has a three-year contract with the board. She was interim CEO before that, starting in September 2013 when the hospital's former leader, John Lucas, retired. Karsten was hired as the interim chief operating officer in July 2013. Her compensation plan as CEO also includes an incentive package that bases additional pay on achieving goals. These goals are in areas like quality of patient care, patient satisfaction, employee engagement and finances.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful