LCMC Health signs deal to run New Orleans East Hospital
In addition to receiving the go-ahead Wednesday from the Jefferson Parish Council to operate West Jefferson Medical Center, LCMC Health formalized its agreement this week to take on the operation of the New Orleans East Hospital, now under construction. In a cooperative endeavor agreement with the city signed Monday, LCMC — formerly Louisiana Children's Medical Center — agreed to replace the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System as the 80-bed hospital's operator. The agreement runs for 15 years, with an option for two five-year renewals.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL