Torrance hospitals give patients hotel-like food experience
If it's possible, two Torrance hospitals have made a medical stay sound appetizing. Napa Valley glazed salmon, beef tenderloin filet, parmesan-crusted chicken, build-your-own omelettes, meals prepared to order and delivered to your room soon after you order them. Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in Torrance has set out to give its patients a hotel-like experience. Last week, they unveiled new patient cuisine and room service for all patients, with meal selections designed to appeal to every palate and dietary specification — vegans, diabetics, dairy-free and more.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts