Rural Maryland lacks healthcare resources
Kerry Palakanis has spent most of her career as a nurse practitioner working in rural communities. She comes face to face with the everyday challenges of providing healthcare in a rural area where health disparities include higher rates of heart disease and obesity and lower life expectancy rates. "We’re akin to a Third World country,” Palakanis said.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Report: Enrollees still face account problems on Healthcare.gov
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US