Hacker group Anonymous targets Children's Hospital
The infamous computer hacker network known as Anonymous threatened to attack Boston Children's Hospital over the child custody case involving Justina Pelletier last month, just a few weeks before the medical center's website was subjected to numerous cyberassaults. Although there is no direct evidence linking Anonymous to the attacks this week against Children's, cybersecurity specialists said the incident bore the hallmarks of the mysterious network of Internet agitators who cripple a target's Internet operations with a barrage of traffic. Anonymous has made its interest in the case clear.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%