Slideshow: The New Primary Care Model—A Patient-Centered Approach to Care Coordination
>>>View Intelligence Report Slideshow
Patients with new insurance coverage via the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act are likely to access the system through a PCP. These physicians also are being courted by payers, government agencies, and health systems to innovate in practice design and in accountability for outcomes and costs. As the focus shifts to prevention, care of chronic illness, and population health, the primary care physician will play a pivotal role.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care