$7 million 'hospital within a hospital' planned for Missouri Baptist
A Pennsylvania-based specialty group is seeking approval to operate its own "hospital" within Missouri Baptist Medical Center. Pending approval from state health regulators, the Pennsylvania group, Select Medical Corp., plans to add 38 long-term acute care (LTAC) beds to the fifth floor at Missouri Baptist, according to an application filed with the Missouri Health Facilities Review Committee. LTAC beds are reserved for patients who are typically in the hospital for more than 30 days and in need of complex care due to medical issues such as respiratory and heart failure, severe infections, slow-healing wounds, post-surgery recovery or bladder and bowel impairments.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care