Highmark CEO ousted by board
Highmark President and CEO William Winkenwerder is out after less than two tumultuous years at the region's biggest health insurer. Highmark's board met Tuesday and decided to replace Winkenwerder with David Holmberg, who is CEO of Highmark's HVHC Inc., the third-largest provider of manager care visions care products and services in the country and the seventh-largest global distributor of eyewear worldwide. Winkenwerder, 60, came to Highmark in July 2012. "This is about accelerating the pace of change," Chief Communications Officer David Carter said Wednesday. Holmberg has a "consumer-focused skill set."
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening