Tenet Opens Population Health Campus
Resolute Health Hospital is a test lab for population health that links all providers in Tenet Healthcare's network and the hospital on a single EMR to coordinate care.
CEO at Resolute Health Hospital
With that in mind, Tenet Healthcare Corporation is shouting out its $200 million commitment to population health and value-based care with the opening this week of its 128-bed Resolute Health Hospital in New Braunfels, TX.
Resolute Health Hospital is Tenet's 79th hospital, and the 19th in Texas for the Dallas-based chain. Situated on the fast-growing I-35 corridor between San Antonio and Austin, the 365,000-square-foot Resolute Health Hospital has all the amenities that we've come to expect from newly built acute-care hospitals: all private rooms, state-of-the-art HIT, opulent decor, and a range of lucrative service lines including cardiovascular and orthopedics.
It is not so much the capital projects or the 56-acre "wellness campus" that make the Resolute Health Hospital campus so intriguing. It's the strategy behind the investment. Tenet is using Resolute Health Hospital as a test lab for population health that links all providers in the network and the hospital on a single EMR to coordinate care.
Many health systems build their population health models around anchor hospitals, a one-stop shopping strategy modeled somewhat like suburban shopping malls.
Tenet turned that model on its ear and built Resolute Health Hospital around its population health model.
Tess Coody-Anders, CEO at Resolute Health Hospital, says building the hospital was the next-to-last piece of a project on the wellness campus that was part of the design when Tenet launched the pilot nearly four years ago.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System