Opinion: 5 tips for using big data in healthcare
Successful 21st century healthcare organizations do not thrive based on the intuition of a few brilliant leaders; rather, they become modern data-driven businesses. Delivering better care, fostering population health and greatly reducing the per capita cost of care does not happen without targeted investments in big data analytics. In my experience with healthcare analytics, I've observed several best practices in the big data space that have consistently boosted return on analytics investment for both health plans and health systems. Each one of these imperatives acts as a multiplier for big data analytics investments, which can shape business fitness – and patient health – for years to come.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues