Opinion: 5 tips for using big data in healthcare
Successful 21st century healthcare organizations do not thrive based on the intuition of a few brilliant leaders; rather, they become modern data-driven businesses. Delivering better care, fostering population health and greatly reducing the per capita cost of care does not happen without targeted investments in big data analytics. In my experience with healthcare analytics, I've observed several best practices in the big data space that have consistently boosted return on analytics investment for both health plans and health systems. Each one of these imperatives acts as a multiplier for big data analytics investments, which can shape business fitness – and patient health – for years to come.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening