Nonprofit hospitals pick up more of tab in Minnesota
The total value of Minnesota hospitals' community contributions was $2.7 billion last year, an increase over $2.2 billion contributed in 2005, according to the the Minnesota Hospital Association. The contributions include $432 million in uncompensated care costs in 2006, about a 23 percent increase from the same period of 2005.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'