System being designed to help hospitals figure out if patients will pay
Dallas Morning News, December 12, 2007
The health industry is creating the medFICO score to judge patient's ability to pay their hospital bill. The medFICO score could debut as early as this summer in some hospitals. It is already being questioned by consumer advocacy groups that fear it will be checked before patients are treated.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'