California hospitals’ charity work hard to assess
Los Angeles Times, December 14, 2007
A 61-page report from the state auditor calls for the California Legislature to give nonprofit hospitals more specific instructions on reporting costs for uncompensated care and evaluating community benefits. According to the auditor, uniform guidelines are needed in reporting the dollar valuations of community care.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives