Insurers seek bigger reach in coverage
New York Times, December 19, 2007
Acknowledging that too many people simply cannot obtain health insurance on their own, the insurance industry is proposing a series of steps the companies say would let more individuals obtain coverage. The proposals would make it harder for insurers to cancel policies or deny coverage to people with pre-existing medical conditions.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer