Georgia hospital seeks state permit for open-heart surgery
Atlanta Journal-Constitution, January 10, 2008
Lawrenceville-based Gwinnett Medical Center has applied to Georgia health planners for approval to begin an open-heart surgery program. According to Georgia law, the hospital must obtain a certificate of need from the Department of Community Health before it can proceed with plans for the center, which would be the only open-heart surgery center in its county.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers