Georgia hospital seeks state permit for open-heart surgery
Atlanta Journal-Constitution, January 10, 2008
Lawrenceville-based Gwinnett Medical Center has applied to Georgia health planners for approval to begin an open-heart surgery program. According to Georgia law, the hospital must obtain a certificate of need from the Department of Community Health before it can proceed with plans for the center, which would be the only open-heart surgery center in its county.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer