Appeal could boost Pennsylvania hospitals’ reimbursement from Medicare
Pittsburgh Business Times, January 14, 2008
Pittsburgh-area hospitals, doctors and many home healthcare providers could see a bump in reimbursement for treating people on Medicare, if an appeal of the formula used in making the payments is successful. The appeal to the Center was made in December 2007 through Highmark Medicare Services. Winning the appeal could boost reimbursement to about 34 hospitals by $13 million starting in October, according to the Hospital Council of Western Pennsylvania.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers