Illinois hospital, health network weigh merger
Chicago Tribune, January 15, 2008
Lake Forest (IL) Hospital has presented a merger proposal to Condell Health Network, parent of Libertyville-based Condell Medical Center "to create a new healthcare system" in northern Illinois. The financial terms of the proposal were not disclosed, but Lake Forest said it presented a "significant line of credit to Condell Medical Center to support the financial needs of the hospital."
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law