Hospital companies offer business services to rivals
The Tennessean, January 17, 2008
Nashville-based HCA Inc., the nation's largest hospital chain, is among the several hospital chains that take advantage of economies of scale that they've realized through their large size to bring in additional revenues. For a number of hospitals, HCA is a bill collection and purchasing partner, for example.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs