Hospital companies offer business services to rivals
The Tennessean, January 17, 2008
Nashville-based HCA Inc., the nation's largest hospital chain, is among the several hospital chains that take advantage of economies of scale that they've realized through their large size to bring in additional revenues. For a number of hospitals, HCA is a bill collection and purchasing partner, for example.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts