East St. Louis community hopes to save hospital
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, January 21, 2008
Southern Illinois Healthcare Foundation, which owns Kenneth Hall Regional Hospital in East St. Louis, wants to merge the hospital with another it owns in Centreville five miles away, Touchette Regional Hospital. At a time when the community is already beset by poverty and violence, closing the only access to healthcare seems like certain death for the neighborhood, according to advocates who are rallying to keep Kenneth Hall open.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion