Developer strikes deal with HealthSouth to buy campus in Birmingham
Birmingham News, January 23, 2008
Developer Daniel Corp. has completed a deal to buy HealthSouth Corp.'s U.S. 280 campus for $43.5 million, with plans to transform the property into a hotel and new office building, as well as the possibility of restaurants and retailers at the site. But the firm's first priority is finding a use for the unfinished hospital that sits on the property, a $200 million half-finished facility that HealthSouth has unsuccessfully tried to market to healthcare users.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer