Developer strikes deal with HealthSouth to buy campus in Birmingham
Birmingham News, January 23, 2008
Developer Daniel Corp. has completed a deal to buy HealthSouth Corp.'s U.S. 280 campus for $43.5 million, with plans to transform the property into a hotel and new office building, as well as the possibility of restaurants and retailers at the site. But the firm's first priority is finding a use for the unfinished hospital that sits on the property, a $200 million half-finished facility that HealthSouth has unsuccessfully tried to market to healthcare users.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program