Healthways questions Medicare finding
The Tennessean, February 14, 2008
Healthways Inc. has announced that it expects its pilot program to determine whether disease management lowers the cost of treating patients with chronic illnesses to meet specified performance targets. The move questions conclusions by Medicare that had caused Healthways stock to plunge.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer