Healthcare firms continuing to grow in Pittsburgh area
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, March 18, 2008
With revenues of $1.4 billion, West Penn Allegheny Health System--the combination of the Western Pennsylvania Hospitals, Forbes Health System, Allegheny General Hospital and its affiliates--is a significant health system. But in Pittsburgh, West Penn is a smaller player. Highmark Inc. brought in $11.9 billion and the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, with all of its affiliated hospitals, brought in $6.8 billion.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US