Healthcare firms continuing to grow in Pittsburgh area
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, March 18, 2008
With revenues of $1.4 billion, West Penn Allegheny Health System--the combination of the Western Pennsylvania Hospitals, Forbes Health System, Allegheny General Hospital and its affiliates--is a significant health system. But in Pittsburgh, West Penn is a smaller player. Highmark Inc. brought in $11.9 billion and the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, with all of its affiliated hospitals, brought in $6.8 billion.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Hire Care Coordinators Strategically