Health Management Associates sells stake in seven hospitals
AP/Yahoo News, April 1, 2008
Hospital owner and operator Health Management Associates Inc. has sold a 27 percent stake in seven of its hospitals in North and South Carolina to Novant Health for $300 million. Health Management will use the deal's proceeds for general corporate purposes. The company expects net after-tax proceeds greater than 90 percent of the purchase price. Health Management and Novant have formed a joint venture to share responsibilities in corporate operations of the seven hospitals, but Health Management will continue to manage the facilities.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'