Woman’s Hospital in Mesquite, TX, to close
Dallas Morning News, April 3, 2008
Workers at the 176-bed Woman's Hospital in Mesquite, TX, have been informed that the facility will close because it's losing money. Naples, FL-based Health Management Associates Inc. has owned Woman's Hospital and its sister hospital, Dallas Regional Medical Center in Mesquite, since 2002. "Unfortunately, our Woman's Hospital continues to operate at a significant financial loss that necessitates its closure," Roy Vinson, chief executive of the Dallas Regional Medical Center, told the Dallas Morning News.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions