Interest emerges in taking over Illinois hospital
SSM Health Care, parent of St. Francis Hospital in Blue Island, IL, said it has been approached by parties interested in taking over the 410-bed hospital. SSM recently announced the hospital will be closing due to rising numbers of uninsured and the lack of a buyer. Despite the interest, SSM Health Care representatives said as of right now it is unilikely a deal would emerge.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus