Interest emerges in taking over Illinois hospital
SSM Health Care, parent of St. Francis Hospital in Blue Island, IL, said it has been approached by parties interested in taking over the 410-bed hospital. SSM recently announced the hospital will be closing due to rising numbers of uninsured and the lack of a buyer. Despite the interest, SSM Health Care representatives said as of right now it is unilikely a deal would emerge.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line