Most of East St. Louis hospital will close
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, April 9, 2008
Kenneth Hall Regional Hospital, the only hospital in East St. Louis, will shut down most of its services due to financial losses from uninsured patients and market competition from St. Louis' medical hub. Kenneth Hall will move most of its services to Touchette Regional Hospital in Centreville, IL. The emergency room and some mental health services will remain at Kenneth Hall's East St. Louis facility, however.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers