Holy Cross Hospital to close Oakland Park, FL, facility
Fort Lauderdale, FL-based Holy Cross Hospital has announced it has completed its purchase of North Ridge Medical Center in nearby Oakland Park and planned to quickly shut down the money-losing facility. Data shows that North Ridge had been serving only 55 to 65 patients a day recently at its 332-bed facility. Florida records indicate that in 2006, North Ridge had a 26.4 percent occupancy rate. That year, it lost $37.6 million.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care