Owners of Illinois hospital vow to try to avert closing
Chicago Tribune, April 14, 2008
SSM Healthcare, the owners of St. Francis Hospital in Blue Island, IL, said that they will work with local leaders on a last-minute attempt to keep the facility open. The system would sell the hospital to another firm if financing works out, but plans to close the 410-bed hospital are still in the works, said SSM officials. The officials offered no specifics on what they would attempt to keep the hospital open.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives