Louisiana hospital grows
New Orleans Times-Picayune, April 16, 2008
Luling, LA-based St. Charles Parish Hospital is set to unveil its $14 million addition that includes an improved cardiology center, expanded intensive care and dialysis and medical surgical units, as well as an unpdated psychiatric unit. The concept for the expansion originated four years ago and the cost was estimated at $9 million before Hurricane Katrina. It climbed sharply after the storm, however, and forced the hospital's board to ask voters for permission to borrow additional money to build it.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers