California medical center is cool to suitor Prime Healthcare
Los Angeles Times, April 17, 2008
Culver City, CA-based Brotman Medical Center filed for bankruptcy protection in 2007, and its financial condition continues to look bleak as it searches for buyers willing to help pay off its large debt and invest in its aging buildings and equipment. One of its potential suitors is Prime Healthcare Services Inc., a fast-growing California hospital chain. Brotman executives have spurned Prime's overtures, however, because they are worried about some of its business practices, such as cutting hospital services and canceling private insurance contracts.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US