Pennsylvania-based Universal Health posts strong earnings
King of Prussia, PA-based hospital company Universal Health Services Inc. said that 2008 is off to a good start and that it is now expecting a better finish as well. The company said net income was up 24.6%, to $61.7 million, in the first quarter, up from $49.5 million in the same period last year. Earnings per share were up 30% because there are fewer shares outstanding this year. Earnings at Universal Health also rose to $1.20 per share in this year's first quarter, from 92 cents a year ago.
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Use of Locum Tenens Up 22% in One Year
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram