Financial turnaround for South Carolina-based Providence Hospitals
Columbia, SC-based Sisters of Charity Providence Hospitals has announced it posted a profit in 2007, the first time it has done so since 2004. Providence finished 2007 with a $5.7 million profit versus a loss of $1.4 million the previous year, and a $2.4 million loss in 2005. The turnaround was accomplished by improving the hospital's financial operation, controlling costs and making staffing adjustments, said officials.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts