Health industry drives job growth in Nashville area
The Nashville, TN-area's sizable healthcare industry has helped play a key role in maintaining moderate job growth in the region, despite the nation's economic slowdown. But even healthcare has seen its share of job losses in the city. Analysts say that although healthcare is generally being considered a recession-proof industry, not all occupations within the overall industry are resistant to swings in the economic cycle.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts