Sacramento-area hospitals bulking up
Sacramento Bee, May 5, 2008
Despite the gloomy economy in the region, there has been a massive construction boom by the Sacramento area's four big hospital groups. The expansion represents the largest ever in the Sacramento area for UC Davis Health System, Sutter Health, Catholic Healthcare West and Kaiser Permanente. Added together, they total more than 3.5 million square feet of construction and $2.6 billion in costs. Other than state government, healthcare was the only economic sector that grew in Sacramento's six-county region between February 2007 and February 2008.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital