Sacramento-area hospitals bulking up
Sacramento Bee, May 5, 2008
Despite the gloomy economy in the region, there has been a massive construction boom by the Sacramento area's four big hospital groups. The expansion represents the largest ever in the Sacramento area for UC Davis Health System, Sutter Health, Catholic Healthcare West and Kaiser Permanente. Added together, they total more than 3.5 million square feet of construction and $2.6 billion in costs. Other than state government, healthcare was the only economic sector that grew in Sacramento's six-county region between February 2007 and February 2008.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers