Blue Island, IL, hospital to get second chance, new name
Chicago Tribune, May 9, 2008
St. Francis Hospital & Health Center in Blue Island, IL, will become MetroSouth Medical Center after a "transfer of ownership" to a for-profit entity known as MSMC Investors and its affiliate, Transition Healthcare Co. The Catholic-owned, nonprofit St. Francis was threatened with closing after nearly 30 hospital operators and investment firms said they could not take on the hospital's myriad problems such as an increase in uninsured patients. A financial backer said the new deal calls for investing $30 million in new hospital equipment and facilities.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream