Illinois hospital’s savior faces tough task
Chicago Tribune, May 12, 2008
After announcing plans to take over financially struggling St. Francis Hospital & Health Center in Blue Island, IL, hospital operator Transition Healthcare Co. is hoping to succeed where other for-profits have failed. The Chicago market has a history of being unfriendly to the for-profit business model. Pressures on the for-profit hospitals have translated to multiple ownership changes and high management turnover, as well as difficulty in building up enough market clout to compete with the non-profit hospital systems.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013