Houston firm takes control of Renaissance Healthcare
Houston-based healthcare firm Atlantic Health Care has acquired a majority stake in Renaissance Healthcare Systems, putting a Grand Prairie, TX, hospital back on target for a 2009 opening. Atlantic will pay off Renaissance's current debt, pay back $6.5 million in liens to subcontractors and then start construction at the Grand Prairie facility, which is 80% complete. Construction at the hospital stopped in late 2007, and records showed that several dozen liens were filed this year against Renaissance for nonpayment.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives