Louisiana hospitals may need to cut back
Lousiana's Charity hospitals will be forced to scale back services unless the state Legislature comes up with at least $35 million, Louisiana State University officials told a Senate panel. Although the Charity hospitals were spared from the $240 million in state and federal dollars the House cut from the budget bill, their financing remains short of what's needed to keep services at current levels and continue to expand offerings, said hospital officials.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Hire Care Coordinators Strategically