Los Angeles leaders say budget cuts will hurt healthcare
Los Angeles leaders are calling on state lawmakers to nix Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's proposed cuts to county healthcare. Long waits at emergency rooms are endangering lives, and further cuts will cause a bigger crisis, according to county supervisor Gloria Molina. Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky added that if the cuts go through, more emergency rooms will close and insurance premiums and medical bills will go up for county residents.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care