Missouri Baptist lays off about 40 employees
St. Louis Post-Dispatch, June 20, 2008
St. Louis-based Missouri Baptist Medical Center has announced it will lay off about 40 employees including administrative workers, members of the management team and other staff. Hospital representatives said an "unanticipated softening of diagnostic testing and elective procedures" was one reason for the cutbacks. Hospital representatives added that as the economy has weakened, some patients may have have delayed receiving care.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013