Donors give $1-million to Florida hospital
Longtime ranchers and conservationists Jay B. and Marsha Starkey have pledged $1-million to the expansion of Morton Plant North Bay Hospital in New Port Richey, FL. The gift is the largest so far to the $49-million project, which will double the size of the hospital campus. The hospital expansion includes construction of a three-story doctors' office building, an expanded sleep disorders unit, outpatient rehabilitation services, a three-story patient wing, a walk-in clinic, and renovations to the emergency room. Construction is scheduled for completion in 2010.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013