Children’s Hospital Oakland lays off 84 staff
San Francisco Chronicle, July 2, 2008
Officials at Children's Hospital Oakland have abruptly laid off 84 people, including doctors, nurses and clinical workers who were escorted out of the facility by security. The cuts, affecting 3% of the hospital's workforce, are intended to save $10 million a year, and numerous departments were affected. Some departments are being almost entirely eliminated, sources said.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Report: Enrollees still face account problems on Healthcare.gov
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US