Children’s Hospital Oakland lays off 84 staff
San Francisco Chronicle, July 2, 2008
Officials at Children's Hospital Oakland have abruptly laid off 84 people, including doctors, nurses and clinical workers who were escorted out of the facility by security. The cuts, affecting 3% of the hospital's workforce, are intended to save $10 million a year, and numerous departments were affected. Some departments are being almost entirely eliminated, sources said.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%