Staff, patients scramble at Oakland, CA, hospital after sudden layoffs
In a swirl of confusion following the abrupt termination of scores of employees with Children's Hospital Oakland, some children's surgeries were canceled then uncanceled, medical appointments were called off, and clinical staff worried about the future of their patients. County officials also blasted the hospital for the sudden announcement of the layoffs and the planned retooling of outpatient services designed to save $10 million a year at the facility.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'