Staff, patients scramble at Oakland, CA, hospital after sudden layoffs
In a swirl of confusion following the abrupt termination of scores of employees with Children's Hospital Oakland, some children's surgeries were canceled then uncanceled, medical appointments were called off, and clinical staff worried about the future of their patients. County officials also blasted the hospital for the sudden announcement of the layoffs and the planned retooling of outpatient services designed to save $10 million a year at the facility.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus