CMS proposes quality improvements and other changes for hospital services
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, July 7, 2008
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has issued a proposed rule that will update payment rates for 2009 and improve quality of services provided in hospital outpatient departments and ambulatory surgical centers, according to a CMS release. The proposed rule builds on efforts across Medicare to transform the program into a prudent purchaser of healthcare services, paying based on quality of care, not just quantity of services, according to the release.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Report: Enrollees still face account problems on Healthcare.gov
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US