CMS proposes quality improvements and other changes for hospital services
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, July 7, 2008
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has issued a proposed rule that will update payment rates for 2009 and improve quality of services provided in hospital outpatient departments and ambulatory surgical centers, according to a CMS release. The proposed rule builds on efforts across Medicare to transform the program into a prudent purchaser of healthcare services, paying based on quality of care, not just quantity of services, according to the release.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus