Financial troubles push Hospital Partners of America to put facilities on the market
Charlotte, NC-based Hospital Partners of America has retained Merrill Lynch to shop around St. Joseph Medical Center in Houston in the hopes of finding a new buyer for the facility. HPA bought the facility from Christus Health Gulf Coast less than two years ago, but HPA is suffering from liquidity problems and is trying to sell all of its hospitals. St. Joseph representatives said the facility is financially healthy, and many hope the new buyer continues to operate the hospital.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program