St. Luke's proceeding with UnitedHealthcare split
Kansas City Star, July 25, 2008
St. Luke's Health System plans to end its provider network contract with UnitedHealthcare early next year, although the insurer hopes to negotiate a new contract. According to officials at the health system, the partnership's end was prompted by United's inconsistent reimbursement rates that have made it difficult for St. Luke's to offer "the quality of care it is committed to."
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream