St. Luke's proceeding with UnitedHealthcare split
Kansas City Star, July 25, 2008
St. Luke's Health System plans to end its provider network contract with UnitedHealthcare early next year, although the insurer hopes to negotiate a new contract. According to officials at the health system, the partnership's end was prompted by United's inconsistent reimbursement rates that have made it difficult for St. Luke's to offer "the quality of care it is committed to."
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care