Pennsylvania-based Universal Health reports income increase
King of Prussia, PA-based hospital management company Universal Health Services Inc. has announced that its net income during the quarter ended June 30 was $1.07 per share, representing a 35%increase over the same period a year earlier. Inpatient admissions at United acute-care hospitals owned during both periods increased 0.8% and patient days increased 1.3% during the second quarter of 2008 over last year. On a same facility basis, net revenues at United's acute care facilities increased 7.6%.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care