West Penn bond rating takes a hit
Fitch Ratings has downgraded West Penn Allegheny Health Systems' bond rating and Standard & Poor's cited "negative implications" in light of the announcement that the health system had overestimated revenue by $73 million. Fitch Ratings has downgraded West Penn's $758 million in outstanding series 2007A bonds from BB to BB- and gave the hospital system a negative outlook. Standard & Poor's gave a BB rating to the Allegheny County Hospital Development Authority bonds issued for West Penn Allegheny on Creditwatch "with negative implications pending a meeting with management in September," according to a release.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Report: Enrollees still face account problems on Healthcare.gov
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US